PE & Sport Premium
What is the PE and Sport Premium?
The primary PE and sport premium was introduced in March 2013 to improve the provision of physical education and school sport in primary schools across England. The funding is provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health, and Culture, Media and Sport (DfE, DH, DCMS). The funding is allocated directly to primary schools and is ring-fenced. This means it may only be spent on improving the provision of PE and sport in schools. In February 2014 the government committed to continue the funding until 2020. More information can be found here.
At Marsh Lane Primary School we have decided to use this money to:
- Use the expertise of specialist PE practitioners to work alongside our teachers to increase our subject knowledge and confidence
- Continue to work with PE teachers from our local cluster primary and secondary schools to help us improve PE and sport provision in our school
- Buy specialist PE and sport equipment to support and promote regular intra-school competitions and playground challenges at lunch time
- To provide a rich variety of sporting opportunities to all of our children
- Continue to train our Y6 children as mini leaders to increase physical activity and enjoyment
- Employ a dedicated MDS as a play leader at lunch times
A copy of our 2017-2018 action plan can be found here
A copy of the impact of Sport Premium Expenditure can be found here Evidencing the impact of Sport Premium MLPS 2018-19
A copy of the impact of Sport Premium Expenditure can be found here Evidencing the impact of Sport Premium MLPS 2019-20
A copy of the impact of Sport Premium Expenditure can be found here Evidencing the impact of Sport Premium MLPS 2020 -21
A copy of our P.E. Subject Leader report (21-22) can be found here
A copy of our swimming assessment results for Year 6 can be found here